Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Scott gave me this link which is really funny and which set me to thinking . . .

It bugs me that operation titles for the US military are so tv friendly. Back in the old days (sort of) things used to be called something innocuous (I think, but am not certain, that the D-Day invasion was called "anvil". Maybe I'm thinking of the landings in southern France. One of the bombing campaigns during the Vietnam war was definitely called "linebacker").

It all started, I suspect, with the invasion of Panama, which you may recall was called Operation: Just Cause (I'm sure the man meant that it was a just cause, but I like to think of it as "just 'cause"). Then we had Desert Shield and Storm and Fox and Operation: Restore Hope and now, I guess Operation: Iraqi Freedom (or something along those lines). I wonder if we can expect . . .

Operation: Supersize it!
Operation: Act Now!
Operation: You may have already won!
Operation: Huge Cock in Five Days!
Operation: Here are my pics!
Operation: Never Pay Taxes Again!
Operation: Brittney Spears Nude!

Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home