Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Before I get back to the LOTR movies (and paper grading), I thought I would take note of the following Counterpunch articles. In the first, Don't Give in to Fear, Michael Donnelly reminds those of us who supported Nader in 2000 that the lesser of two evils is still evil. In other words, the rich Yale grads from Vermont and Massachusets are only marginally better than the rich Yale grad from Texas/Maine, and the margins are killing us.

I agree with the article, but I'm still pissed about Ralph distancing himself from the Greens and hope he doesn't run independent. Strategery, dontcha know.

In the other article Lee Ballinger notes something that I did not know about the Stupor Bowl halftime show (and lets be honest: most people could note something I didn't know about that, since I know only that it was a show of some sort, at halftime, at the Stupor Bowl, and that a titty was involved). Basically, Janet Jackson had a message going on, and it was a message that is more important (and at least as attractive) as her partially covered breast. It is also a message that most people are unlikely to have heard.

I heard, just now "the Unforgettable Fire" by U2 and "You Should be Dancin'" by the BeeGees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home