Saturday, June 18, 2005

Tom Tomorrow has recently gotten into gangblogging. I don't much care for it. It seems to me that one of the charms of a blog is that it is personalized. Each blog is a competing edition of Me Magazine. In this way, you can gravitate towards the blogs written by people you think seem pretty cool (Tom Tomorrow, for example, or Tim on the Road to Surfdom) and away from folks who strike you as not as cool (I see no reason to mention any names). With a group blog, you get a group. And groups are bad. (well, not intrinsically). Billmon posts on TT's blog now. Why? I've known about Billmon's blog for a few years. If I wanted to read it (and I do sometimes) I would go there and read it. It only takes a few keystrokes. When I go to This Modern World it is for Tom.

But Greg! What if Tom can't be bothered to blog frequently? Well, then, I guess everyone will just sit there staring at his page, refreshing now and then, and waiting, right? Um. If they are idiots. If they aren't, they could go elsewhere. Tom could even make it easy for them to go elsewhere. We have the technology. It is called a LINK.

Ugh.

Anywho. Tom Tomorrow points out, and I point out in turn, that there is a really funny thing to look at for long periods of time. It isn't new, but it is new to me. And perhaps to you.

It is Superdickery, which centers on the premise that comic book evidence shows that Superman is a dick, and also presents scans of odd, stupid, creepy, offensive, and hillarious comic book pages and covers from the past. Watch out for Batman's Boner, for example.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home