Thursday, April 24, 2003

The Guardian reports on Children held at Guantanamo Bay. This is, I reckon, something of a big deal. I'm of the opinion that the whole "enemy combatants" thing is a major crime, of course, so this is just a larger-than-normal drop in the ocean, from my perspective.

I would ask anyone who reads this, however, to confirm for me that I'm correct in assuming a few things about the major "source" quoted in the piece:

-- there is no such rank as Lt. Corporal in any branch of the US military
-- such a rank has never existed in the US military
-- the rank of Corporal is gone from the US army (replaced by Pvt First Class?)
-- there are still Corporals in the Marine Corps
-- even if there were such a rank in the US military, no enlisted person would be an official spokesman
-- surely we are dealing with a Lt. Colonel, here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home