Saturday, May 31, 2003

Sheesh! Not one but two! of Scott's favorite fellow bloggers have flowers prominently displayed on their pages.

Let me just say that my lack of interest in flowers is one of a list of things which make me feel distant from (seemingly) every other human on the planet. I also

-- believe dogs to be useless (and dangerous) until proven useful (and non dangerous)
-- have rarely met a poem I like
-- am put off by perfume and cologne
-- don't understand the big deal about jewelry

So i'm all misanthropic about certain issues. I figure, if a plant can't live of its own accord (and I've done nothing to hinder it's life) then fuck it. I have nothing against plant enthusiasts, mind you, but I ain't one of them. As I type this, for instance, I'm sitting next to plants who only get watered when I work extra hard to remember that they exist. If it were up to me (and isn't) they would be replaced by cacti or some other less needy thing.

I heard "Sloop John B" by the Beach Boys, "Hamhock Blues" by the Buddy Rich Orchestra, "The Man who Sold the World" by David Bowie, and "Night and Day" by Ella Fitzgerald.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home