Sunday, December 14, 2003

Here is an interesting take on the rise of Howie Dean (I learned that his middle name is Brush and that he was called "Little Howard" in his youth, which only adds to my snickering about his name) from The Observer. Worth a look.

Here is a very nice deployment of history in opposition to vapid political rhetoric regarding gay marriage [I don't fully understand why ANYBODY would give a shit whether church or state put a seal of approval on their relationship, other than for basic legal rights].

Here is the best thing I've yet to read regarding Jessica Lynch. It is very intelligently written and covers, as near as I can tell, all the bases. It is also nice in that it uses the word "horseshit" in the middle of a very high-browed discourse (always a plus).

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home