Saturday, March 19, 2005

Well, I shant continue to speculate on tournament results, but I will point out that, if you add my awful Thursday to my respectable Friday, I come out 15-17 (including the one preliminary game). This includes FIVE upsets (including a couple of significant ones).

So? Even a broken clock is right twice a day, right? Well. I haven't watched a college basketball game since 2002, and haven't followed the news regarding this season at all. I had genuinely no idea who was good and who wasn't, and didn't consider cedeing in my decisions. Of course, I know enough to know that Duke is going to beat Delaware State 99 times out of 100, but I came damned close to going with DSU anyway. I really almost picked Bucknell, too, on the logic that its time the bison got revenge. I think the part of me that used to pay attention screamed DUDE! KANSAS DOESN'T LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND, EVER! and so I backed off.

My point, such as it is, is that even with so many factors at play, it isn't unreasonable to just plain guess. Had I been laying money, I probably would have come out ahead without even knowing anything "useful" about the teams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home