Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Today was the first day of school. I have five groups of World Civ I and one group of Economy and the State (which is basically just intro to social science). I'm tickled pink about teaching history again after a year of teaching other (not unrelated) stuff. Funnily enough, though, the best news so far is in the E&S class:

I ONLY HAVE EIGHT STUDENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is soooooo cool. I've never had a small class before. In my 3.5 years at WVU I never had less than 40 students in a class (except for one discussion section I lead which had 25), and so far here I've had at least 25 per class. So, needless to say, I'm excited about having so few. This should open up all sorts of discussion opportunities and allow me to do all sorts of things I couldn't do with a huge class.

It could suck, of course.

I hear "Splish Splash" by Bobby Darin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home