Monday, December 01, 2003

Scott's 4 Peoples' Principles left Carlton a little cold. I find myself agreeing with both of them (which is not an entirely new experience).

Now I think (therefore I am [bored]) I'll solicit further advice for students from the great heaving mass that is my readership. I don't expect much, since I only know of 5 people who look at my blog with any regularity (two of whom are Carlton and Scott) and don't have a sitemeter, but it's all about the trying. Just in case posterity googles, I'll give it a catchy title.

ADVICE FOR STUDENTS or ADVICE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE or HOW TO SUCCEED IN SCHOOL or HOW TO SUCCEED IN COLLEGE or HOW TO BEAT STRESS or COLDPLAY TICKETS (that one's bound to draw in traffic)

(Scott's rules)
* Never turn down free food.
* Home is anywhere that keeps the rain off your head.
* Sleep is optional.
* College will make you obsessive-compulsive.

(Carlton's rules [paraphrased])
* Be careful of what and how much you eat.
* Nesting can be very important.
* "Sleep is vital."

(my first set of rules)
* To thine own self be true. (not mine, but I like it)
* Don't plagiarize.
* Lock the door when you masturbate.
* Learn to cook.
* Don't let anyone other than your conscience determine your career path.
* Listen to all advice and think about it, but don't be so quick to follow it.

If someone has any suggestions, I will add them. If I think of anything pithy, I'll add that as well.


I heard "Julia" by the Beatles, "The Dirty Boogie" by the Brian Setzer Orchestra, "4:33 AM (Running Shoes)" by Roger Waters, and "Desire" by U2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home