Saturday, April 09, 2005

The world has changed. (whisper whisper whisper) I feel it in my fingers. I feel it in my toes. (whisper whisper whisper) Much that once was, is no more. Much that once was not, is now. (whisper whisper whisper)

Terri Schiavo -- dead
The Pope -- dead
Prince of Grace -- dead
Prince of Grace's son-in-law -- nearer to death than me
Boone from Lost -- dead
Neil Young -- very nearly Helpless
Greg -- working for money (like, hard and stuff)
Franklin's Findings -- on hiatus
Air America's Unfiltered -- terminally filtered
Charles and Dimilla -- who fucking cares?

One is at a loss in such situations. What does one say? One might search for a larger meaning -- something to help one tie the various threads together -- or one might not.

Another piece of news is that Jane Fonda has apologized for firing surface to air missles at John McCain's flying machine. Fuck that. I want an apology for Jazzersize. To paraphrase Sir Mix-a-Lot: Fonda still ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda. Also, I want an apology for Ted Turner. And Barbarella. And Klute.

Well, Klute was pretty cool.

But here's what I really wanted to say. Last weekend Birigit and I attended a birthday party at a place called Haus Stapel (or Schloss Stapel), an 18th century baronial palace. Thing is, the baron needed money back in the 70s, it seems, and rented the joint out to hippies and dropouts. They live there still. And we were there for a party. And it was cool. You can see a picture of it HERE. Scroll down.


Actually, I also wanted to say that you need to go watch the video attached to the song America We Stand As One. It is the funniest thing ever. The whole site is pretty funny in fact.

[I found my new favorite song via a link on Bob Harris's website.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home