Wednesday, April 30, 2003

I have been surprised at how Dubyah and the gang managed to take a minority government, put in office under dubious circumstances, and weather a worldwide economic downturn, a massive terrorist attack, a wacky response to said attack, a series of scandals, a flawed handling of the post-war business in Afghanistan, and a gynormous diplomatic breakdown and still be relatively popular. If I had a hat, I suppose I'd tip it out of grudging respect.

I can't help but wonder, though, how Karl Rove will spin the recently announced surrender of the US to the number one demand made by Osama bin Laden. You do remember bin Laden, right? Do you remember what he said he wanted firstest and mostest in the whole wide world? Think hard! Got it? Ok. So he's won. Really. Terrorism has triumphed.

READ THIS.

[chirp. chirp. chirp.] < that's the sound of crickets.

I hear (other than the sound of crickets) the late, great Sun Ra's Intergalactic Arkestra jamming on "State Street Chicago".

Sun Ra, by the way, was from another planet. And also Birmingham.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home