Friday, February 13, 2004

Carlton has rematerialized. Since he's a Kerry fan (as is Betty, who comments from time to time) I thought I'd be contrary.

Kerry, I will admit, would almost certainly be a better president than Dubyah (as would most people) but anyone who votes for him really should make certain that they do it with their eyes open.

Kerry thinks the Iraq war was a bad idea. Now. This is the same Kerry who is against the special interests. Now (except for his donors, of course). He's for the common man as well. Heheh (if elected, he would be the wealthiest president in US history). In fact, there is a long list of reasons why Kerry is a perfect example of all that is wrong with the Democratic Party, and numerous commentators have already gone through the list. Look around.

We know that Dubyah is our enemy, but Kerry's political positions over the years hardly suggest that he's his in any deep sense. JfK is basically a richer, less religious, more gay-friendly, more intelligent, less consistent Dubyah.

I, for one, really want someone better. But as my sainted granny might say, you can want in one hand and shit in the other and see which weighs more.

Now if JfK could shut that fucking dog up, I'd vote for him as many times as he wanted me to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home