Thursday, February 19, 2004

I haven't had much to say on the gay marriage thing. That's partly because I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) and partly because I don't much understand why anyone would care about marriage (except for some spousal rights stuff) and partly because I don't see why the state has a role in this at all and partly because I don't see why married people are favored by the state.

However. If people want to get married, fine by me. The issue actually DOES interest me because the denial of the rights of some people to be married is a gross and flagrant bit of unfairness (laced, this time, with homophobia, self-righteousness, religious nonsense, and narrow mindedness).

PLUS anything that pisses off homophobes is allright by me.

The best argument against gay marriage, as Betty's alter ego pointed out just now, is the slippery slope. "Who will *they* want to marry next?" That, my friends, is priceless. Next *they* will be dating your daughters, you know. All of them want too. Just look at them! Just the other day, a dude on the bus gave me a look that just screamed "You wait, buddy! Soon I'm going to tie you up and you and me are going to reenact the Wedding at Caana with RuPaul playing Jeebus." I was scared, but oddly intrigued. That's how they get you.

As with most things, Pee-wee Herman knew the 411 back when the rest of us were stuck on 4.

I don't love fruit salad, by the way. Caesar salad, however, had better lock its doors and windows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home