Monday, May 03, 2004

Yesterday, of course, was May Day. I didn't mention it because I was unable to post (the post below was something I tried, and failed, to post, and I gave up on other things).

So anyway, ARISE! YE PRISONERS OF STARVATION! ARISE YE WRETCHED OF THE EARTH!

By the way, I showed the film "Cradle Will Rock" to my students (check it out) and in it Bill Murray sings the Internationale in ventriloquist style. On Thursday, some of my students drew a picture of my face on a red balloon and hung it above the board and drew a picture of my body beneath it, with my right hand giving the peace sign. When the balloon fell, I picked it up and sang part of the Internationale in ventriloquist style (with the balloon as my exploited dummy).

Y'all didn't know I could do that, did y'all? Y'all still don't. But I did it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home